Logo Live chat
Ask a collision question

Ask a Collision Technician a Question - We Have All the Answers!


Frequently Asked Questions

Have a Question? We May Already Have the Answer!

Accident Related

How do I get a copy of the accident report?
Insurance companies will request copies of the Police Accident Report as part of the insurance claim process. If you are seeking to obtain a copy of the Police Accident Report for your own use or at the request of your insurance company, you’ll need to contact the offices of the responding police department.
What should I do if I have an accident?
If you are involved in an automobile accident, you will need to exchange license numbers, vehicle registration, and insurance information with the other driver(s) involved. You should also call 911 so the proper authorities can document the accident. If an injury has occurred with either party involved, 911 should be called immediately. If a parked vehicle or other property is damaged, or if a domestic animal is injured, you will need to locate the owner or contact the police. It’s imperative that you never leave the scene of an accident unless you are absolutely sure you have all the information you need to file your insurance claim. If you are unsure at any point, call the authorities.
Should I contact my insurance company or will Graff Chevrolet Collision Center do that for me?
We suggest that you contact your insurance company first. However, if you prefer, we can contact them on your behalf or sit with you while you call the insurance company at our Collision Center. Our staff at Graff Chevrolet is here to make this difficult process as easy as possible.
Where do I get a claim number?
Your insurance company provides claim numbers at the time you report your accident. You will need to bring that number with you to the Graff Chevrolet Collision Center where we can take care of the rest.

Collision Work

Will the Graff Chevrolet Collision Center order the parts needed before I bring my vehicle in?
Yes, as soon as you give the Graff Chevrolet Collision Center approval to repair your vehicle, we will order the parts to do so. This allows us to begin repairs on your vehicle as soon as you bring it in, getting you back on the road as quickly as possible.
How long will it take to fix my vehicle?
It really depends. We will take every step to make sure your damaged vehicle is repaired in a timely manner. However, the time it takes to make the necessary repairs depends on the availability of the parts needed and the severity of the damage.
If my vehicle’s frame is damaged, is my vehicle a total loss?
No, your vehicle is only a total loss of the damage incurred exceeds the value of the vehicle – a value that is determined by your insurance company. Most cars now have what is called a unibody, where the frame and body are molded into one. Our technicians are equipped with state of the art equipment to help restore your vehicle back to factory specifications. However, if the damage is too extensive and we cannot repair it, we will simply replace that part of the vehicle.
Can you match my vehicle’s paint color?
Yes, with our extensive mixing system our paint technicians can precisely match your car’s existing paint color.
Should I replace my child’s car seat after an accident?
Yes. The National SAFEKIDS Network recommends that you replace any car seat that has been in a vehicle during an accident.
Can I wash or wax my car when I get it home after it’s been painted?
Yes. We suggest that if you are going to wash your car that you use a mild soap and a soft cloth or sponge. We ask that you do not take your vehicle to a commercial car wash for thirty (30) days, as the stiff brushes and super jets can scratch the finish. We also suggest that you do not wax your vehicle for thirty (30) days as well, simply because the paint needs time to cure. The first 30 days are crucial for your car’s finish, since the care you give it during this time period will determine how the paint will look for years after it has cured.
Do I have to pay a deductible when I pick up my vehicle?
Yes. If you are required to pay a deductible, you will need to pay it off at the time when your repairs are completed and you pick up your vehicle.
What types of payments do you accept?
We accept cash, check, VISA, MasterCard, AMEX, Discover, and money orders.
Can I get a ride home when I drop my vehicle off?
Yes. We are more than happy to drop you off at your home or work when you bring your vehicle in. Also, if you need a ride back to the dealership once the repairs are completed, we would be more than happy to come and pick you up.
What areas do you service?
We service auto owners from all over Michigan but specifically the Bay County, Mid-Michigan, Tri-City, and Saginaw County areas. That includes cities such as Bay City, Saginaw, Midland, Essexville, Frankenmuth, and so much more!
Schedule an appointment